Saturday, August 19, 2017

I keep trying to come back to blogging somehow regularly, but I am unable to stick with it.
First problem is that so many times I want to stop to sit and write about something but I can't because life is so busy and there is no time that then by the time I get to do it I don't know were to start. How to make one post about one issue/topic at time.
A second problem is feeling discouraged by the fact that no one is reading.  I feel so isolated.
I used to write in a notebook, not exactly a journal but I wrote in order to try to process things. Over time I have started to feel the need for more communication. Of course that is probably linked t having less interactions with people I can really talk to.  As friends move away (or I do) and relationships become more distant. There is no longer frequent interaction with close friends.

Lately the issue of loneliness has been quite difficult for me.
I have a partner and two kids, I spent almost no time alone in any given day. I even go to the loo when I don't need to so as to get a couple of minutes alone (which doesn't even work), yet I feel very lonely.
A couple of very important friendships ended in the last three years, mainly because of issues around the kids, but obviously is how we deal with the relationships and not the kids that are the real problem. Why it couldn't be resolved, why it was easier/better to part. It wasn't my choice, I wanted to talk things over. But the turn of things is that I feel inadequate with people very often. Even friends. I am worried about things going wrong again, I am unsure of myself around people most the time. So as much as I want to reach out to break the loneliness I realise that just being around people doesn't work. Not being able to connect in a deeper level anymore is what causes the feelings of isolation. And the lack of connection is quite general. It happens with friends, with my partner and with family.

No comments: