Thursday, April 21, 2016

He is terminally ill

I haven't written for a long time.  I no longer have the time to follow people and don't think anyone is following me anymore so I guess I lack motivation.

Something happened today though, and I am wondering if other survivors have had experiences like this and if they would share.

I learned that my father is terminally ill.
He haven't spoken for over a decade. I know from my family that at least until a few years ago he denied any wrongdoing.

So ow I am pondering whether I should try to talk to him or not.
Is there any possibility of closure? will I regret it if I don't say my goodbyes (however wrong it might go)?

I am really struggling.

The thought of just never see him again was fine before, but after getting the news... it has become very unsettling.  I guess before there was always a possibility, but that will pass.

Has anyone gone through something similar?


No comments: